|Yield: 10 Servings
NOTE: Carrie’s Salsa recipe is the easiest, best salsa recipe ever. Carrie is my daughter, Maggie Lajaunie’s sister – in – law. Every event they have, Carrie’s Salsa is always included.
- 1 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes
- 1 large onion ( cut into large sections)
- 3-4 jalapenos (more depending on your taste)
Place the above ingredients into a blender and pulse a few times to chop vegetables.
In a small saucepan combine:
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. Accent
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (dry kind)
- Heat these ingredients just until it starts to bubble, just to infuse all the flavors into each other (you can even put them into the microwave for about 30 seconds in a cup).
- Then add these ingredients to the blender with your vegetables and pulse a few more times. If you blend it too long, it tends too mushy.