|Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup white Karo syrup
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- Mix sugar, syrup, salt and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Boil gently until a small amount of syrup reaches the hard rock stage, 290 degrees using a candy thermometer.
- Add vanilla and soda.
- Stir well, pour foamy mixture over popcorn and stir thoroughly.
- Store in tightly covered jar or can to retain its crispness.