|Yield: 10 Servings
Note: This Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is my son’s, Zack Martin, recipe. It is oh, so good! My son was a chef in the Marines and has won many awards from his recipes. Many of those recipes are in this cookbook!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves, or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pan with baker’s secret.
- Combine nuts, brown sugar and chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil and sour cream into a mixing bowl. Beat for 7 minutes.
- Pour some nuts in pan.
- Pour ½ of the cake mixture into the pan.
- Cover with ½ half of the nut mixture.
- Add the rest of the cake mixture.
- Cover with nuts.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.